NSDL has released new rpu release 2 for preparation of etds/etcs return w.e.f. 01.10.09
A. Procedure for preparation of return
C. The data structure
1. New structure w.e.f October 01, 2009
- File Format for Form 24Q (1st, 2nd & 3rd Quarters).
- File Format for Form 24Q (4th Quarter).
- File Format for Form 26Q.
- File Format for Form 27Q.
- File Format for Form 27EQ.
Sample files as per the new file formats (w. e. f October 01, 2009)
- Sample file for Form 24Q (1st, 2nd & 3rd Quarter)
- Sample file for Form 24Q (4th Quarter)
- Sample file for Form 26Q
- Sample file for Form 27Q
- Sample file for Form 27EQ
D. NSDL e-TDS/ TCS Return Preparation Utility
- Prepare Quarterly e-TDS/TCS Regular and corresponding Correction statement with RPU version 2.0 as per new data structure (with effect from October 01, 2009). “Download RPU version 2.0”
E. File Validation Utility (FVU)
e-TDS / e-TCS returns prepared for FY 2005-06 and onwards (i.e. Forms 24Q, 26Q, 27Q and 27EQ) can be validated using this utility.
The e-TDS/TCS FVU is a Java based utility. JRE (Java Run-time Environment) [versions: SUN JRE: 1.4.2_02 or 1.4.2_03 or 1.4.2_04 or IBM JRE: 220.127.116.11] should be installed on the computer where the e-TDS/TCS FVU is being installed. Java is freely downloadable fromhttp://java.sun.com and http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/jdk or you can ask your vendor providing computer facilities (hardware) to install the same for you.
The e-TDS/TCS FVU setup file (e-TDS/TCS FVU.exe) comprises of three files namely:
- TDS FVU Readme.rtf: This file contains instructions for setup of the e-TDS FVU.
- e-TDS FVU Setup.exe: This is a setup program for installation of FVU.
- TDS_FVU_STANDALONE.jar: This is the FVU program file.
These files are in an executable zip file. These files are required for installing the e-TDS/TCS FVU.
Instructions for extracting the files are given in: