(to know your rights through Right To Information Act 2005, Download RTI Act Click Here)
After deducting & depositing TDS , important thing is that deductor should issue Form 16A in time. In case deductor fails to issue form 16a in time, income tax department can impose penalty @ 100/- per day.
To avoid penalty we should issue form 16a in time. Now question is that who can fill form 16A.
Procedure to Download form 16A
- Enter your name.
- Enter your email id.
- Register your email for getting free updates from this web (click here)
- Download will start automatically.
Free Download , just enter your detail and receive Form 16A in Excel Format.
Step by step procedure to Fill form 16A:-
- Enter Deductor Name with complete Address along with Pin Number (if you donot know pin Click here to know Postal Index Number (PIN) number )
- Fill Deductor Tan Number i.e. CCCM99999E. ( 4 digit in character+5 digit in numeric+1 digit in character)
- Fill Deductor Pan Number i.e. AAOPJ9999M. (5 digit in character+4 digit in number+1 digit in character) 4th digit in Pan shows the status of Pan holder. If it is "P" it shows Pan relates to Individual.
- Enter 4 acknowledgement No.'s of Return (it is available on your provisional receipt receipt from Tin-Fic center)
- Enter Nature of Payment = Payment to contractor, Payment to Professional or Payment to Advertiser etc.
- Enter Section codes alongwith Nature of Payment like as 94C, 94J, 94I or 94H etc.
- Enter Name of Deductee whom TDS/TCS has been deductee.
- Enter Pan Number of Deductee in the column PAN No. OF THE PAYEE
- Enter period in the column FOR THE PERIOD. i.e. 01.04.09 to 31.032010 .
- Now tds deduction detail will be filled
- S. No.
- Amount paid/ credited
- Date of payment/ credit
- Education Cess
- Total tax deposited
- Cheque/DD No. (if any)
- BSR Code of Bank branch
- Date on which tax deposited (dd/mm/yy)
- Transfer voucher/ Challan Identification No.
11. Enter TDS amount in Words .
Finally, Enter Place and Date of Issue and Signature with rubber stamp showing desigation of Personal who is signing the form.