Free Registration Form 26AS through Internet Banking
As you know that Form 26AS facility is available through Net Banking. An individual who is using Internet Banking can view his amount of Income Tax after login in Internet Banking. I have checked this facility in following bank which is excellent.
- State Bank of India (Pan Number will be Registered at home branch)
- Indian Overseas Bank (On line Pan Registration available)
Display of data in Form 26AS has been divided in 3 parts named Part A, Part B, Part C.
- Part A shows amount of tax which has been deposited through TDS (Tax Deduction at Source) by any deductor either for Section Code 94A,94B,94C or any code.
- Part B shows amount of tax collected at source (TCS) by the seller of goods at the time of sales made to you.
- Part C shows amount of tax deposited by you as Advance Tax , Self Assessment Tax along with challan details.
- Refund Status What is your refund status. Form 26AS shows also your refund status. It is not compulsory that refund status will be displayed only those assessee who have submitted their return on-line. It means in case your return is submitted manually, Income Tax Refund Status can be checked through From 26AS.
State Bank of India has named This Facility "View Tax Credit In Form 26AS" under e-tax link.
*Charges for Using this facility through Internet Banking is nil , However NSDL charge nominal charges for registration which is given as under:-
a) TIN-FC will charge Rs.17 (i.e. Rs.15 + service tax) for authorisation of registration request, when PAN holder personally visits the TIN-FC.
b) TIN-FC will charge Rs.110 (i.e. Rs.100 + service tax) for authorisation of registration request in case where PAN holder opts for TIN-FC to visit him.
c) Above charges are also applicable for authorizing Reset Registration.