As per CBDT Notification No. 41/2010 [F.No. 142/27/2009-SO(TPL) dated 31.05.2010, Form 16 and 16A format have been changed. The following changes in From 16A are as under :-
- CIT (TDS) address with Pin Code is added in Form 16A
- Summary of Payment is added in Form 16A
- Amount of Tax Deducted in respect of the deductee column is added as per Receipt Number of original statement of TDS.
- Government deductors to fill information in item I if tax is paid without production of an income-tax challan and in item II if tax is paid accompanied by an income-tax challan.
- Non-Government deductors to fill information in item II.
- In item I and II, in the column for TDS, give total amount for TDS, Surcharge (if applicable and education cess.
- The deductor shall furnish the address of the Commissioner of Income-tax (TDS) having jurisdiction as regards TDS statements of the assessee.
- This form shall be applicable only in respect of tax deducted on or after 1st day of April,2010.
- To read Complete Notification No. 41/2010 (Click Here)
New TDS Calculator (Click Here)