Arithmetic Validation Failed (e-TDS /e-TCS return)
Today I have visited office of Karvy Data Management Service Ltd for submission of e-tds/e-tcs return and found that my fvu file rejected by their computer system. A letter for Non- Acceptance Memo for e-TDS/e-TCS statements has also been handed over to me with Reason For Non-Acceptance saying the "Arithmetic Validation Failed". On inquiry It is found that Karvey has updated their system with new FVU 2.129 and FVU 3.0 SAM 5.55 whereas my fvu files were created by latest NSDL R.P.U. version 2.1.
In this case, there may be the following reasons for Non-acceptance of FVU remarked as "Arithmetic Validation Failed" :-
- Uploading system updated with new Fvu 2.129 or Fvu 3.0 SAM 5.55
- While creating fvu their were un-matched challans. I mean to say that you have deposited TDS/TCS on 6th October 2010 and trying to submit their return on 6th or 7th Oct. 2010 which are not showning in challan status at www.tin-nsdl.com. Finally, in new system, all TDS/TCS challan should be matched with the data available in Challan Status with NSDL at the time of uploading.
- Email address has not been entered while preparing e-tds/e-tcs return.
- Contact Detail like as Phone Number etc. has not been added in etds/etcs return.
- In case of correction statement, creation of fvu from NSDL RPU 2.1 is not sufficient but validation of .txt file is also required either from new fvu 2.129 (upto F.Y. 2009-10) or fvu 3.0 ( for F.Y. 2010-11 and onwards)