Friends, there are some major differences between Revised Income Tax Return or rectification in Income Tax Return. Revised or correction return can be submitted before processing of return or before Intimation u/s 143 etc. Where as rectification can be done after processing of return or after Intimation received u/s 143. Out of many some differences are explained as under:-
- Revised/Correction return can be submitted before processing of Income Tax Return.
- Rectification can be submitted after processing of Income Tax Return.
- Both are required XML File.
- Rectification return requires Communication reference number of Latest CPC order.
- Revised/Correction return requires Last Acknowledgement Number of original return.
- CPC order date is also required for Rectification Return.
- Aggregate Income Tax Liability Amount is required for Rectification Return which is also available in Intimation letter u/s 143.
- Total Tax Credit Allowed Amount is also required for Rectification Return which is also available in Intimation letter u/s 143.
- Alphabet Character is available in CPC reference number whereas Acknowledgement number is generated with Numeric Characters.
Picture of Rectification Return