Friends, Yes, you can make online payment of your electricity bill. After a long time, it is excellent step taken by Uttar Haryana Bijli Vitran Nigam Limited. On hearing the payment of electricity bill online, there may be many questions. To solve the queries, some common answers of questions are given as under :-
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Viewing of Electricity BillsAns-User can use this service without logging into the UHBVNL E-Payment portal. The user has to enter his Account No. in the specified field to view the bill. Account NO. must be entered without slashes e.g A27PS210204A(12 digits).
- Viewing and Payment of Electricity BillsUser can use this service after successfully logging into the UHBVNL E-Payment portal. He will be able to view his registered accounts along with their related information like Bill Amount, Bill Due Date etc.- User can view his full bill after clicking on the Account No. This bill can be saved by the user for his future reference.- User can also view his previous two bills after clicking on the specific links.- User can make payment of his energy bills by clicking on the "Pay Bill" link.- User will be taken to Payment Gateway page and will be required to select one of the options from "Debit card/Credit Card/Net banking"- For making payment through credit/debit card, user should select the desired card type from the following options: VISA, Master Card, American Express, Diners Club International card, Citibank E-card (Some Card are currently unavailable and will be live soon). After selecting appropriate card type, click on "Submit" button.- Enter the card number in the "Card Number" field.- Enter the CVV number (security code) i.e. 3 digits after the card number on the signature panel of your card in the "CVV Number" field.- Enter the Expiry Date from the card. In the first column month, then in the next column year. Then click the "Submit" button.- User will be directed to a page where confirmation for payment will be sought by card provider. After verifying the identity of card user, it will ask for approval of payment.- If user confirms, transaction is carried out. A confirmation message will appear after the transaction is completed. Clicking on "Confirm" button, user will be directed to "view receipt" page, from where user can get the receipt for the transaction committed.- On the receipt page, user can save or take printout of the receipt.- If user wants to use net banking option, payment is accepted from the following banks:Allahabad BankAndhra BankBank of Bahrain and KuwaitBank of Baroda [Corporate]Bank of Baroda [Retail]Bank of MaharashtraCanara BankCentral Bank of IndiaCorporation BankDeutsche BankDevelopment Credit BankDhanlaxmi BankFederal BankIDBI BankIndian BankIndian Overseas BankIndusInd BankING Vysya BankKarnataka BankKarur Vysya BankLakshmi Vilas Bank [Corporate]Lakshmi Vilas Bank [Retail]Oriental Bank of CommercePunjab and Sind BankPunjab National Bank [Corporate]Punjab National Bank [Retail]Shamrao Vithal Co-op. Bank Ltd.South Indian Bank Ltd.Syndicate BankUCO BankUnion Bank of IndiaUnited Bank of IndiaVijaya BankYES Bank
- How much I will be charged for making payment of electricity bill through internet?While the user makes online bill payments through his Credit Card/Debit Card, convenience fee equal to a fixed percentage of the bill amount will be charged.· Currently the convenience fee is equal to 1.00% for MasterCard/Visa and 1.75% for American Express of the bill amount of the user.· The total amount that will be paid by the user will be equal to bill amount + convenience fee rounded off to the next highest integer.· In case payment is made by net banking, then Rs 4/- per bill shall be charged by the Payment Gateway Provider.· In addition to the above charges, Service Tax will be charged on the convenience fees.· This convenience fee is liable to modification as per norms of the respective payment gateway providers, subject to authorization by UHBVNL.NOTE: Convenience Fees paid by the consumer are the charges collected by Payment Gateway Provider for Internet payment and UHBVNL is only collecting the bill amount from the consumer.
- How can I sign up or get Login ID and Password?Click on "New User? Sign Up" link. User will have to fill a form containing his personal information, desired login ID and password. User can check the availability of desired login ID by clicking on "Check Availability" button.· After filling out all the required information, user has to click "Submit" button. He will get a successful registration message.· User can start using his account immediately with the newly created login ID and password.· Please Note:o Login ID cannot contain special characters or spaces and can be between 6 to 15 characters.o To better protect your account, make sure that your password is memorable for you but difficult for others to guess. Never use the same password that you have used in the past, and do not share your password with anyone. For security purposes, your password must be between 6 to 15 characters, must be alphanumeric and can contain only these special characters _ . %
- What to do if there is problem in new user registration?If user faces any issue while signing in, he can click on the "Login/Account Registration Problem link and send his query through the displayed form.
- What to do if I forget my password?User will have to click on "Forgot Password" link and fill in his user name. He will also be asked to enter the Security Answer, which will be validated with the information filled during new user sign in. After confirming the user’s identity, the password will be sent to the email address listed on his account.
- How can I change my password?To change the password, sign in to the UHBVNL E-Payment portal with the current password and click the "Change Password" option on the menu bar. User will be asked to enter the following:· Enter current password in the first box.· Enter new password (as user would like it to be) in the second box.· Confirm new password in the third box.· Click the "Change Password" button.· The password will be changed and user will be prompted to re-login.· Please Note:To better protect your account, make sure that your password is memorable for you but difficult for others to guess. Never use the same password that you have used in the past, and do not share your password with anyone. For security purposes, your password must be between 6 to 15 characters, must be alphanumeric and can contain only these special characters _ . %
- How can I register my electricity bill account?After logging into the UHBVNL E-Payment portal, click on the "My Accounts" option on the menu bar. User can enter his Account No. in the "Account No" field and click on "Add" button to register the said account. If it is a valid account number, account will be registered and displayed to the user.
- How to add more than one electricity bill account ?After registering one electricity bill account, user can follow the similar process as mentioned under point 8. to add more electricity bill accounts.
- How to unregister my electricity bill account?After logging into the UHBVNL E-Payment portal, click on the "My Accounts" option on the menu bar. All the registered accounts will be displayed to the user along with an option of unregistering them.· Click on "Unregister" link.· Message for confirmation will appear.· If user clicks "Ok", account will be unregistered.
- How to edit my personal information?After logging into the UHBVNL E-Payment portal, click on "Update Profile" option on the menu bar and make any desired changes to the personal information. Click on "Update" button to save the changes.
- How can I give feedback?After logging into the UHBVNL E-Payment portal, click on the "Feedback" option on the menu bar. User can fill in the information specified in the form and click on "Submit" button to send the feedback.
- How can I contact for any other query regarding E-Payment?For any other query regarding E-Payment, please click on "Contact Us" link. Phone numbers of designated persons will be displayed.
- What are the Benefits of E-Payment to me?You can pay 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.· You can choose when and how to pay – Credit Card, Debit Card or Net Banking.· You can use your existing bank accounts to make your UHBVNL bill payment.· You can track status of your payments and be in total control.· You can store your bills; maintain a record of your payments.· You can keep track of your consumption pattern.· You can track changes made in the billing information.
- What are the categories of consumers eligible for E-Payment?Currently, Domestic Supply (DS), Commercial (NRS), and Small Power (SP) consumers are eligible for E-Payment.
- Is there any limit on Bill Amount to be paid through E-Payment?No, there is no limit on the Bill Amount to be paid through E-Payment.
- Is there any document to be submitted by me in the UHBVNL office for E-Payment?No, only online registration of UHBVNL consumer is required for E-Payment.
- Can I make part payment through e-Payment gateway?No, part payment is not accepted by the e-Payment gateway.
(Make through Internet Explorer, through Chrome Login and e-payment is not possible)