NSDL has provided new RPU 2.5 on 10th June, 2011 for submitting e-tds/e-tcs Regular or Correction statement (using only consolidated fvu file) for the F.Y. 2005-06 and onwards. It means that all correction statement will be prepared only with the help of consolidated fvu which can be collected from NSDL only after successful registration of TAN. There is no option to import Regular Fvu file in this RPU 2.5. Overall It looks like that Now TAN Registration will be more important/useful for submitting correction e-tds.e-tcs statement otherwise consolidated fvu can not be collected. In the below picture it can be checked that a message is automatically appeared on selection of Correction option which is as under :-
- Please import latest Consolidated TDS/TCS file to prepare correction statement.
- Consolidated TDS/TCS file is available at TIN website(www.tin-nsdl.com) for registered TANs.
- Register your TAN at website to download consolidated TDS/TCS file.
- Opened a Saved Correction File.
- Import Consolidated TDS/TCS file.