Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has stopped to all SMS service provider to send commercial SMS to those numbers who are registered in DND. Group SMS is also restricted by TRAI. In the interest of customer , it is necessary to know how a customer or phone user can Register himself for DND (Do Not Disturb) service or De-Register for DND service.
Registration Process :-
Register for DND Service Dial or SMS to 1909 (toll free)
example of SMS write START DND and send it to 1909
De-Register for DND Service Dial or SMS to 1909 (toll free)
example of SMS write STOP DND and send it to 1909
SMS for Registration a) write "START 0" and send it to 1909 for fully blocked category.
b) write "START" and send it to 1909 for one or multiple options from
the list of seven categories.
List of Seven Categories
- Banking/Insurance/Financial Products/Credit Cards-1,
- Real Estate-2,
- Health -4,
- Consumer goods and Automobiles-5,
(Example :- for Starting SMS from Banking/Insurance/Financial Products/Credit-Cards write 'START 1' and send it to 1909.)
on successful registration, customer will receive an SMS for confirmation of registration alongiwith Unique Registration Number with in 24 hours. Registration process take time for 7 days and customer can check his registration status at any time. "Check Registration Status Here"
In case customer feels that there is no effect of registration with in 7 days , he may also lodge complaint through dialing 1909 or through SMS to 1909.
- Customer has to send SMS COMP Tel No xxxxxxxxxx, dd/mm/yy, Time hh:mm to 1909.
- Value of xxxxxxxxxx stands for Telephone Number or header of the SMS,
- Action on your complaint will be taken within 7 days of lodging of complaint and customer can "Check UCC Complaint Registration Status Here"