Friends, In Union Budget 2012, Basic Central Excise Duty has been increased from 10% to 12%. Now, in Tally Accounting Software needs to change Excise Duty rate to 12% w.e.f. 17-03-2012. If you have two or three items for invoicing, you can change excise duty rate manually in each item. But if you have 100 or more items, it is difficult to change excise duty rate manually in each item. Tally has already provided solution for this. Just change excise duty rate in one item and copy all other items with particular one item in which you have changed excise duty rate.
Steps to change Excise Duty Rate for a Single Stock Item :-
Go to Gateway of Tally > Inventory Info. > Stock Item > Alter
- In the stock Item Alteration screen, Tab down to the option Set/Alter Excise Details to Yes.
- In the Excise Details screen, set the option Set/Alter Duty Details to Yes
- In the Excise Duty Details screen, for the Type of Duty - Basic Excise Duty add the new
Applicable From Date as 17-3-2012 and Rate of Duty as 12%.
Steps to change Excise Duty Rate in Multiple Stock Items:-
Excise Duty Rate of multiple Stock Items can be updated by updating the rate for a single Stock
Item and copying the same to Multiple Stock Items.
Go to Gateway of Tally > Inventory Info. > Update Excise Info. > Rate of Duty
Set Excise Duty Rate sub-screen appears.
- In the Copy From field select the Stock Item whose excise duty rate has been updated.
- Destination type can be selected as either Stock groups, Stock Items or Tariff Classifications as per your requirement.
- In the Copy To field select All Item to effect the duty rate change on all stock items.
- Press Enter to view Excise Duty Details. This screen displays the excise duty details set for the Stock Item which will be copied to the rest of the items. Press Enter to proceed to set excise duty.
For getting detailed procedure on changing the Excise Duty Rate (Click Here)