e-filing : How can i recover income tax e-filing password ?
Friends It is human problem that you have forget your income tax e-filing password. There is no problem in user id as income tax department has created same user id of all tax payer in case of individual, but password is user friendly. If you have forgotten your password, you may apply following trick to recover your password.
Problem Description :I have forgotten my password. How can I reset my password?
Corrective Action:Password can be reset by following the below steps:
- Click on the 'Login here' option on the homepage.
- Click on 'Forgot Password' link.
- Enter your User ID and click 'Continue'.
- You can choose to reset your password using one of the three options- Answer Secret Question, Upload Digital Signature Certificate (if registered), OR Provide e-Filing acknowledgment Number and Bank Account Number.
- Provide the required details and Submit.
- On submission, the details entered are validated. On success, the user will be able to enter the new and confirm password and click SUBMIT.
- User will be able to LOGIN with the new password.
Problem Description :What is the secret question and answer I need to provide to reset my
Corrective Action:The Secret Question and Answer is the one selected at the time of registration OR
if you have changed it on a later date under 'Profile settings'.
Provide the same secret question and answer to reset the password.
Problem Description :What is Acknowledgment Number under 'Enter e-Filed Acknowledgment
Number and Bank Account Number'?
Corrective Action:The Acknowledgment Number is the 15 digit number generated when an Income
Tax Return is e-Filed. To reset the password using this option, you should enter the Acknowledgment
Number, select the Assessment Year for which the return is e-Filed and enter the Bank Account
Number as provided in the e-Filed Income Tax Return of the selected Assessment Year.
Problem Description :I am trying to upload the Digital Signature Certificate but it displaying an error.
Corrective Action:In case you are not able to upload Digital Signature Certificate, it could be due to
the following reasons:
- The Digital Signature Certificate used is not the registered Digital Signature Certificate. Use the same registered Digital Signature Certificate to LOGIN.
- You have not registered your Digital Signature Certificate. You cannot use this option to reset the password till the time the DSC is registered.
- Digital Signature Certificate is Revoked (Invalid) or Expired. Contact the Certificate Provider in such cases. Digital Signature Certificate is not from a Trusted Certificate provider. Contact the Certificate provider in such cases.