Before downloading the latest justification report utility v 2.1, it is mandatory to know that what is this utility and why it is required. Deductors are being received Default Notices from Income Tax department. To know the calculation of default , Justification Report is provided by Income Tax Department. Traces provides report in Text format and this utility converts Text file to Excel format. In this way , separate sheets of Excel File details the calculation of defaults sent by Income Tax Department.
Steps to convert the Justification Report text file into an excel
- Download the zip file from 'Requested Downloads' screen and save to your local machine
- Unzip the file using Winzip. Password to unzip is 'JR_
- JR_AAAAA1235A_24Q_Q3_2010-11. This will save the Justification Report as a text file
- Download the macro utility for Justification Report from this screen
- Double-click the utility, excel sheet will open
- Click on 'Enable Content' in the warning message to enable macros
- Select the Justification Report text file and the folder to save the output excel file and click on
- button 'Generate TDS CPC Justification Report'
- The text file will be converted into excel spreadsheet and saved in the selected folder
- Open the Justification Report excel file from the folder in which it has been saved
Download Justification Report Version 2.1 (Click Here)