Saturday, October 9, 2010

How to Change Quarter, Form No.& Financial Year in e-tds/e-tcs return

Friends,   After submission of original e-tds/e-tcs return, correction in etds/etcs return can be done.   But in case of correction in Quarter(Q1,Q2,Q3,Q4), Form Number(24Q,26Q,27EQ) and Financial Year (2009-10,2010-11 etc) is challenging  job.   It is very much clear that  this type of changing can not be done after submit original return.

            At present, in our view, if we are facing such type of problem, only return cancellation ("Y" cancellation statement)  is unique way to rectify the Quarter, Form No. and Financial Year.  Follow the following procedure :-

  1. Prepare and submit "Y" statement. 
  2. After checking it's status of cancellation at, submit etds/etcs original return/statement carefully with accurate Quarter, Form No. and Financial Year. 

Intense Debate Comments