Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Excess Tds Deducted from Salary can be refunded or adjusted.

It is an important question that if employer deduct excess TDS as income tax from salary of an employee.  Can he demand a refund/adjustment from employer. 

Answer of this question is that No.  The assessee from whose salary, excess tax has been deducted at source is to approach the assessing officer and submit his claim for refund of excess amount deducted.  The employer is no required to make refund of the excess amount.   The refund has to be made by the Assessing authority, with whom the amount has been deposited and not the employer. 

Intense Debate Comments