Thursday, November 1, 2012

Service Tax :-What is the procedure for claiming refund?

i. Application in the prescribed form (Form - R) is to be filed in triplicate with the jurisdictional Asst./Deputy Commissioner of Central Excise/Service Tax.

ii. The application should be filed within one year from the relevant date as prescribed in Section 11B of the Central Excise Act, 1944 which has been made applicable to Service Tax refund matters also.

iii. Application should be accompanied by documentary evidence to the effect that the amount claimed as refund is the amount actually paid by him in excess of the Service Tax due and the incidence of such tax claimed as refund has not been passed on to any other person.

Intense Debate Comments