Tally- Use of Select All button
Friends, To break yearly data , tally has provided a button of SPLIT COMPANY. But sometime due to any reason, it does not work. In such condition alternative option is required. With the help of Export and Import option, data can be diverted on yearly basis. Export and Import feature requires some extra knowledge, but Select All option is too much simple to break yearly Data.
(Before taking any step in this regard, don't forget to take backup of your complete Tally Data in C.D. or Pen Drive etc. )
Availability of Option
Select and Select All with other options are available on pressing display > Daybook from Gateway of Tally.
How can Select All in break Data
First of all save data in duplicate or in triplicate for safety of data and then open Day Book, Press Alt+F2 and change period for which you want to delete vouchers. Press Select All and in last Press Delete. All vouchers will be deleted in one go. There is no need to delete one by one voucher. For More clarity example is given as under :-
- This function is not available in Tally 4.5, 5.4, 6.3 etc.
- Now, You have tally data in Tally.ERP9 for the period 01.04.09 to 31.03.2011 and you want to split data for the period mentioned below:-
01.04.2009 to 31.03.2010
and 01.04.2010 to 31.03.2011
- First important step is to take backup of your complete tally data in C.D. or another storage drive like Pen Drive etc.
- Now copy of your data folder data\0001 in another folder data\0002. with same data.
- Open your data while using folder 0001 and select day book for the period 01.04.2010 to 31.03.2011 and delete all vouchers as explained above using Select All option.
- Now close company of 0001 and open 0002 and select day book for the period 01.04.2009 to 31.03.2010 and click on Select All and press delete.
- In this way two companies will be available in your computer and can be used on yearly basis.